PILOTI HOLIDAY 50 CONTEST: TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Piloti CT Holiday 50 contest (the “Contest”) is intended to be conducted in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian Law. Participants must be of the age of majority or older at the time of entry. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry into this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Piloti Inc. (Piloti” or the “Sponsor”) with its head office located at 2200 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4S 2C6. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. This Contest is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed by or associated with Facebook Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook Inc.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:(a) be a legal resident of Canada;(b) be of the age of majority in your province or older at the time of entry;(c) be a CTC, Mark’s, FGL, CTB or CTR Supply Chain employee; and(d) Have an active Workplace account.The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins approximately at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, November 26, 2018 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER.(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using one of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.i. To enter, entrants must visit piloti.ca, make an online purchase and enter the discount code “CTHOLIDAY50” as provided on the post card received in the employee holiday gift box.ii. In the cart, you will be required to provide your contact information and shipping address when completing the customer information section. Orders must be made in the name of the eligible employee in order to be considered.iii. Purchases made in a single transaction with the discount code during the Contest Period will receive one (1) entry (each an “Entry”, and collectively the “Entries”).NO PURCHASE ENTRY METHOD.i. To receive an Entry without making a purchase entrants must, in 100 words or less, write a response to the question, “What do you like most about Piloti?”Responses must be mailed in a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:“ATTN: Piloti CT Holiday 50 Employee Contest”Piloti Inc.2200 Yonge StreetToronto, Ontario CanadaM4S 2C6ii. All Entries received using this method must include: (i) the employee’s first and last name; (ii) email address; and (iii) phone number, including the area code (collectively, a “No Purchase Entry Request”). In order to be eligible, your No Purchase Entry Request must be postmarked between November 26, 2018 and January 15, 2019 and received by no later than January 22, 2019.(b) Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period.(c) The Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided in the applicable form of entry. Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, the “authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry.(d) All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. By submitting the Entry, the entrant assigns to the Sponsor all of entrant’s right, title and interest, including copyright, in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity. For greater certainty, the entrant acknowledges that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the entrant. By submitting the Entry the entrant waives all of its so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry. Upon request by the Sponsor, the entrant agrees that it shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as many reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the entrant’s rights in the Entry.(e) Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
5. PRIZES(a) The prizes are hereafter referred to as the “Prizes”, each a “Prize”. The Prize winners are hereafter referred to as the “Winners”, each a “Winner”.(b) There are three (3) Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period, each consisting of the following:a. One (1) Italian leather Medio laptop bag with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of six hundred dollars ($600 CDN).The total ARV of the Prizes is one thousand eight hundred dollars ($1,800 CDN).(c) Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.(d) Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. WINNER SELECTION.Winners shall be selected as follows:(a) On or about Wednesday, January 23, 2018 at approximately 11 a.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario at the Sponsor’s head office, three (3) entrants will be selected by a random electronic draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.(b) The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor.(c) Before being declared a Winner, each selected entrant shall be required to: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by email, (ii) comply with the Contest Rules, and (iii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).(d) The entrant will be notified via telephone or email no later than Thursday, January 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET and must respond within two (2) business days of notification. Upon notification, the entrant must provide the required information in compliance with these Contest Rules via email and will then be contacted by the Sponsor to answer a skill-testing question and complete the Confirmation of Release form. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules or if Sponsor determines that the selected entrant is ineligible as per these Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.(e) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.(f) ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANTS ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
7. RELEASE. Each Winner will be required to execute a release and waiver (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, Facebook Inc., and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies as well as Facebook Inc. (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, the Entry, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winner’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winner; (vi) waiver of all of Winner’s so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as many reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner’s rights in the Entry. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, including without limitation any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest rules, which will be posted and made available at throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating these Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online CTC property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution. Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Event and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the arena and/or locations.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Canadian Tire name, logos and marks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
15. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.